Marble can be found in counter tops both in the kitchen and bathroom, on the floors, wall tiles and so much more but in order to keep it looking bright and shiny you need to make sure that you are doing marble polishing on a regular basis. You also need to make sure that you are using the right type of products that are made to clean marble. When you get a marble counter top, floor, etc, they can range in a variety of colors and many are usually heavily veined with swirls and bands. No matter where you have marble installed in your home it will give the area a clean sparkling look but unfortunately over time marble will loose its shine so that is why marble polishing is so important.
If you clean your marble floor on a regular basis it will increase its durability and it will also increase the durability of your counter tops. You should not use chemical detergents on your marble because it can cause permanent damage.
Marble tiles, counter tops, and floors can get easily stained and scratched but before you start to polish any marble area, make sure that the method works with the marble you have by testing a corner of the tile first. Marbles are a variety of types so what may work on one marble may not work on another.
- Before you start to polish make sure that you clean the area free of dirt, dust, and other debris. You can use a soft cloth or a broom to clean the surface but do not scratch the surface too hard. Just use the broom gently and wipe the area gently.
- You can also use a vacuum to get the dust from your marble floor.
- Use the liquid or spray washes only that were given to you in your marble kit when you bought it.
- The best way to polish your marble is by using a chamois cloth that absorbs any abrasive particles and dust.
- Mix three tablespoons baking soda with one quart of water. Take a soft cloth, dip it in the mixture and wipe your marble area.
- To polish the marble efficiently use a wet diamond polishing pad.
You should make sure that you are cleaning your marble areas on a regular basis. Your counter tops, both in the kitchen and bath, should be wiped off after each use, especially if there is water on the surfaces. Warm water and a soft cloth will be enough to remove the normal stains of dust, tea, and coffee. If you have tough stains like oil, wine, meat, or butter, you should call in a professional cleaning company to clean your marble surface. If you have a smoker in the house, you can get the smoke stains out by using non-fat detergents. One to use is Windex.
Marble polishing needs to be done on a regular basis but make sure that you are using the type of polish that is intended for your marble surfaces.